KHB Group is committed to providing a work environment which is conducive, safe and free from harassment.
In line with the policy we shall subscribe to the following principles:
- Ensure that procedures are in place to prevent sexual harassment and all other forms of harassment and violence against women, workers and community.
- Protect the reproductive rights of women.
- Prohibit any form of domestic violence.
- Ensure women are allowed to breastfeed up to NINE months before resuming chemical spraying or usage tasks; and to be given specific break times to enable effective breastfeeding.
- Establish a Gender Committee that will serve as a platform to raise awareness, identify and address issues of concern, opportunities and improvements for women.
- Ensure effective participation of women in decision-making by encouraging them to be members of various committees that are already established such as Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) committee.
- Promote and enhance quality of life and wellbeing of the employees and communities.
- Prohibit child labour and remediation is in place.
- Ensure that NO child (a person under the age of 15 years) or young person (who has attained the age of 15 years but has not attained the age age of 18 years) shall be, or be required or permitted to be, engaged in any employment other that those allowed by the laws.
- Prohibit forced or trafficked labour to be employed in the operations including contracted third parties.
- Communicate and educate all employees, including contractors and other relevant stakeholders on the understanding of this Policy through sufficient awareness training and development.
- Maintain and provide open and transparent methods for communication and consultation between the company and employees, local communities and other affected or interested parties.
Approved By :
Datuk Freddy Lim Nyuk Sang
Chief Executive Officer
1 March 2020